A head full of thick hair is a sign of natural beauty and gives an insight of your health. There are around 1 lac strands of hair on the scalp and losing 50-100 hair in a day is considered as normal. But if you lose more hair and feel that your hair is thinning then it’s certainly the time to do something about it. Hair fall has become an issue of concern for many women today. Stress, nutritional deficiencies, medical conditions, hormonal imbalance, scalp infection etc. are the major reasons for hair fall. There are many home remedies available to treat this problem. Here are simple hair care tips and home remedies to prevent hair loss problems.
There are many ingredients available in your kitchen which you can readily use to overcome this issue. Check out these tips to prevent hair loss in women.
A proper diet not only gives you good health, but it also keeps health problems away. By increasing the quantity of vitamins by some extra milligrams in your daily diet, you can minimize the problem of hair fall to a large extent.
- Vitamin A: Produces healthy sebum in the scalp and promotes hair growth.
- B vitamins: All the 8 B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9 & B12) are helpful in producing melanin in the body which gives hair its colour and stimulates blood circulation.
- Vitamin E: Stimulates blood circulation in the scalp and keeps hair follicles productive.
Omega-3: Omega-3 fatty acids are good for the growth of hair.
2. Hair Massage With Essential Oils
A regular massage to your scalp with essential oils increases the blood flow to the hair follicles, conditions the scalp and strengthens hair roots. A good massage not only reduces stress but also gives you the feeling of relaxation.
- Use essential oils such as coconut, almond, olive, castor, wheat germ or amla oil to massage your scalp and it will surely helpful for hair loss.
- Add few drops of rosemary oil to your base oil for fast and better results for hair loss.
- Lukewarm oil is good for hair massage and gives good results. Give a 30 minutes massage to your scalp twice a week. Massage your scalp for 5-10 minutes regularly on daily basis to promote circulation and strengthen the roots of the hair.
- Leave the oil overnight on the scalp and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo next morning.
- Learn the right way to massage your head or take help of your mother, friend or a professional to do it.
3. Natural hair mask to prevent hair fall
Hair masks or hair packs do wonder for hair. They not only help in conditioning the hair but also strengthen the hair. Here are few hair mask for preventing hair loss and helps in hair growth also.
Hair Mask of henna leaves
- Take a considerable amount of henna or mehendi as per the length of your hair. Add to it boiled and cooled tea water (Take some tea leaves, boil and cool it down). You can also add a juice of lime and 2 tablespoon of coffee to it. Mix all the ingredients well and leave it overnight. Next morning adds a raw egg to this mixture. Make sure that this pack has the thick consistency. Apply this pack on your hair and leave it to dry. After two hours wash your hair gently and thoroughly with normal water. Do not use shampoo after it.
On the same day after drying your hair, massage them with essential oils and leave it overnight. Wash your hair with mild shampoo next day.
This pack acts as a very good conditioner for hair and adds shine to the hair making them fuller and beautiful.
Natural hair mask of aloe-vera
- Take fresh leaves of aloe-vera and take out its extract. You can also make juice of the leaves. Now apply this extract or juice on your scalp. Leave for 3-4 hours and then wash your hair with lukewarm water.
The enzymes present in aloe-vera promote healthy hair growth, reduces inflammation and add luster and shine to the hair.
Hair mask of green tea
- Take two bags of green tea and brew it in a cup of hot water. Allow the tea to cool. Now apply this water to your hair. Leave it for one hour and then wash your hair with normal water.
The antioxidants which are present in green tea prevent hair loss thereby promoting hair growth.
4. Reduce Stress for shiny hair growth
Due to changes in the lifestyle and hectic work schedules, stress has unknowingly become the part of your lives which affects our health and peace of mind to a large extent. One of the major reasons of hair fall is stress. Reducing stress may also help in reducing the problem of hair fall.
- Exercise regularly.
- Go for a 30 minutes’ walk daily. This is also good for your overall health.
- You can also play a game such as tennis, badminton or any game in which you have to do physical movements.
- Learn meditation techniques. It will help you in reducing stress and restore your hormonal balance.
5. Few More tips to reduce hair loss
- Do not comb your hair when they are wet as wet hair are weak at the root and tend to fall easily.
- Use good quality combs and brushes to brush your hair.
- Avoid or minimize the use of hair dryers, hair blowers, hair curlers, hair straighteners etc. Heat
causes the loss of protein from the hair and makes them weak.
- Avoid tightly done hairstyles, low-quality rubber bands to tie your hair.
- Go for natural hair care products for a healthy scalp and beautiful hair.
Hair care is not a challenge and with the help of these easy and simple tips you can certainly manage to overcome your hair fall problem easily.