Cardiovascular disease stand first among the killer diseases in the world and the second place goes to various types of cancers. Heart is an important organ of the human body system, as it starts working when a child is formed in the mother’s womb and works on all the stages of the life of the child starting from the childhood till the death. Heart works tirelessly and finally stops only at the time of death. It never takes rest and if it desires so, you are finished.
Therefore, people must be more responsible enough in taking care of the heart throughout their lives. Heart should not be over burdened at any stage of your life. If you do not care for your heart, it will result in many heart diseases and you will be the final sufferer. Here are the health tips for taking care of your heart and if you follow them scrupulously, you can avoid heart diseases.
- The foremost step is to control salt intake and thereby, you can avoid suffering from high blood pressure.
- Plan an exercise regime and perform the workouts consistently. This will enable you to strengthen your heart muscles and reduce your high blood pressure. Exercising will raise your HDL cholesterol level and hence you will be able to control your blood sugar levels as well as your body weight. Cholesterol is good in creating new cells. However, if you consume food with high cholesterol, it will land you in trouble and you may likely to acquire heart diseases.
- As far exercises are concerned, aerobic exercises such as running, jogging and biking are good and these workouts will improve your heart beet. You can go for walking also and however, the routine exercises, with moderate intensity, should be performed for a minimum of forty five minutes on a daily basis. You can select your exercises on the advice of your personal doctor, as he/she is the best person to have the basic knowledge of your health conditions.
- You have to use your wisdom in choosing the food items that are low in calories and fats. A dietician can help you in this regard. The foods that are rich in proteins, minerals and vitamins are the best choices. Try to include soy protein in your daily diet as soy protein is capable of lowering overall cholesterol levels as well as help control the level of bad cholesterol.
- You should eat about five ounces of nuts every week, as they are rich in a kind of fat that is too good for heart health. Similarly almonds are also good for heart health. Make it as a habit to take ten almonds at a time on a regular basis.
- You should not allow your body to be dehydrated and therefore, you have to drink a minimum of eight glasses of water daily and this habit will keep your body hydrated and your energy will also be boosted.
- You should eat healthy, natural and balanced diet and this does not mean that you have to starve as a part of weight loss plans. You can enjoy your meals, but restrict to healthy foods such as more fruits and vegetables, whole grains, beans, leafy green vegetables and the like. You must also have your food as a routine and skipping of foods such as breakfast will result in over eating.
- You have to avoid bad habits that may lead to chronic lung diseases. This means, you have to compulsorily quit cigarette smoking, if you are already a smoker. If you are not, well and good. Similarly, you have to avoid chewing of tobacco in any form. You must be aware that cigarette smoking leads to many diseases including heart attacks, lung cancer and many more.
- High level LDL cholesterol is not good for your heart health. Being overweight and remaining obese are not at all good for your heart. At the same time you have to be active always. When you select a food, ensure that it does not contain high Tran’s fat acid in it. This means, you have to avoid large quantity of consumption of cakes, biscuits and other such items.
- You must also learn to manage stress. Too many sufferings from stress may lead to many health problems including heart diseases. You must always look cheerful and attend to your work with a broad smile and avoid stress completely.
- You must go for a regular medical check up, especially to find whether you are likely to suffer from heart diseases and if so, follow the advice of the doctor.
- You must also enquire and know your family history and verify whether any one of your close relative had suffered from heart attack. This is essential for you to take pre-cautionary measures, as heart diseases are considered as hereditary.
You might have understood how your heart functions and it is your responsibility to maintain your heart in a healthy condition for your longevity.