HTML Stands for Hyper text markup language. HTML is the client side scripting language
i.e used to design static web page.
HTML : HYPER TEXT MARKUP LANGUAGE
1. IT IS TAG DRIVEN LANGUAGE. <>
2. INTERPRETED LANGUAGE
3. IT IS THE MOTHER LANGUAGE OF WEB
–> HTML IS NOT CASE SENSITIVE, THOUGH WE SHOULD WRITE IN SMALL LETTER
HTML stands for Hyper text mark-up language.
HTML is the client side scripting language i.e, used to design static web page.
Here every single word has its own meaning i.e. Hyper means reference link, text means data, mark-up means predefined, language means something that needs to communicate.
Every web page designed is HTML has an extension “.html or .htm”.
Editor used to design the HTML static web page are notepad or notepad++.
Every HTML script will be executed in any web browser.
Basically HTML is divided into two sections i.e. Head section and Body section.
Head part contains the title of the page.
Body part contains other tags of the web page like title, headings, image, table,etc.
Head section :HTML include pair of tags,andto identify the heading and title of a document .the tag appear in this section.
Body section : The body of HTML contains the text that will show up on web page.The Body section enclosed within and tags. It gives document layout and structure.
With HTML, you can create your own Web site. HTML is the core technology in which all Web pages are written. This tutorial teaches you everything about HTML. HTML is easy to learn—you will enjoy it.
- HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language.
- HTML is not a programming language.
- HTML is a markup language.
- A markup language is a collection of markup tags.
- HTML uses markup tags to describe Web pages.
What are Tags
- HTML markup Tags are called HTML tags or just tags.
- HTML tags are keywords surrounded by angle brackets e.g <html>
- These tags normally come in pairs e.g <em> and </em>
- first tag in pair is called starting tag, the second tag is called ending tag.
The start tag may contain additional information. Such information is called an attribute. Attributes usually consist of 2 parts:
- An attribute name
- An attribute value
<img src="smileyface.jpg" alt="Smiley face" />
- “alt” is name and “smiley face” is a value.
Comments and doctype
HTML has a mechanism for embedding comments that are not displayed when the page is rendered in a browser. This is useful for explaining a section of markup, leaving notes for other people who might work on the page, or for leaving reminders for yourself. HTML comments are enclosed in symbols as follows:
<!-- This is comment text -->
- HTML documents describe web pages.
- these documents contain html tags and plain text.
The purpose of web browser is to read html documents and display them into web pages. the browser does not display the tags but use these tags for the content of page.
<h1>My First Heading</h1>
<p>My First Paragraph</p>
- In the Previous example <html> and </html> describe the web page.
- The text between <body> and </body> is visible page content.
- Between <h1> and </h1> is displayed as Heading.
- The text between <p> and </p> is displayed as Paragraph.
<HTML> is a tag. Tags are instructions to a web browser. This Particular instruction Let the web browser know that what follow up a web page written in HTML.
Tags can be written in upper-case or lower-case. it doesn’t matter. <html><HTML> or <Html> are all same.
“Markup” now means something slightly different: a language with specific syntax that instructs a Web browser how to display a page