If you are not sure about the right marketing technique for your B2B firm, then content marketing is the area where you should work harder. Content marketing works for all kinds of firms such as small size firms, large size firm. Internet is full of content, content ad content!
Generating your own piece of information gives your organization with a variety of untouched opportunities to boost revenue. No matter if you distribute a handful of articles in a week, sharing videos, doing webinars, any form of unique informational content could convert your visitor into the potential customer.
Why you should keep a separate budget for content marketing? Here’s the answer:
- To leverage your existing marketing mix
The content marketing activities which companies are doing these days is far away then it should be. Content marketing can be a meaningful tool to get good brand equity. Lot of B2B firms trying to get leads to increase the sales. For that you must be doing SEO, Social media campaigns, promotional activities, events and lot more. But, content marketing support all these activities actively.
- PPC: If you are running the paid PPC campaign you can provide them informational landing page where you can keep them engaged with the unique informational article, or maybe short write-up related to your industry. Why? Because most of the time it’s not necessary to push for the sale, maybe the customer is not in the situation to purchase the B2B product or services. B2B revenue generation needs lots of attention and involvement from the top management. It’s a business buying decision which goes through different phases. So, providing the information and relevant links to R&D can help your visitors to know your business better. When they engaged and loved your B2B product or service you can retarget them by doing other remarketing campaigns from Facebook Ads or Google Display Remarketing Ads.
- SEO: You must be thinking how content can leverage website optimization effectively! But, it’s true, content marketing helps your site getting ranked in Google search results Content is the critical ranking factor. Without content you can reach no where in the search results because of highly competitive marketplace. Adding more keywords in the content by adding the blog posts can help you cover the trending keywords to beat the competition.
- Social media: What people going to see? Why they would click on your content? How can you keep your audience engaged in the social media? The answer again is Content! You have to provide different forms of content such as infographics, charts, facts and stats, information articles, latest trends only then you can implement a successful social media strategy.
- Get potential visitors by driving targeted traffic
Through content marketing B2B firms can acquire good-quality traffic.
Content promotion can assist you increase visitors to your website through all of the above mentioned channels. To generate B2B leads, content marketing contributes in the most effective manner according to the studies. It’s simple and cost-effective method to get leads as compare to the traditional communication techniques.
Content marketing shows magical effects to convert qualified leads from potential visitors in B2B firms. It could increase the conversion rate of your website from 5% to 10%. You are offering the information what they want to read, in the forms of news, what’s new, Whitepapers to make decisions making easy for them. You give unique content instead of pushing your product to increase the sale. It is the trust building exercise to get a large number of potential visitors to your business website. Content marketing is the kind of relationship based marketing.
- Low risk factor
When you spend the amount on the advertisement campaigns you are at high risk, because of the highly competitive environment. You have to pay even double sometime to get a click. It doesn’t guarantee you to give qualified leads. Advertising is like an experiment you run multiple times to get into there.
In contrast, content marketing is an inexpensive source of revenue generation. It doesn’t cost you an extra penny to publish the article on your own site, it doesn’t charge for distributing the content on the existing social media channels. You can experiment with your content format without risk. You can provide different content variations like Whitepapers, press releases, videos, short stories, success stories, video testimonials which keeps your audience engaged with your business.
- To stay in the competition
Most of the B2B firms in the various industries already doing it and making money. If you are not spending on content marketing you are losing a huge market share! You should be in the competition, to keep challenging them.
According to the research –
“Only 30% B2B firms using content marketing effectively, which was 38% last year.”
“The content marketing budget is 28% of the marketing budget in B2B firms.”
More than 50% B2B firms are planning to expand their content marketing spend by 28% to 45% in future. If you are still thinking of why you should spend your money for content marketing you should take it very seriously this time. You can be the market leader by just focusing on well-designed content marketing strategy. Please write me on @01richa90. I would love to hear your feedback.
Richa Pathak is a product marketing consultant having 5+ years of industry experience. She has contributed more than 25 firms around the world, & advised handful of startups to grow. She writes about product marketing, event promotion, digital marketing, social media, content marketing, email marketing, and advertising. You can connect with her on the Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.